Monday, May 11, 2009

Turn It On

Last August I blogged about my adventures in attending the Antiques Roadshow in Hartford. It was a once in a lifetime experience that would have been amazing if any of my treasured antiques were worth any real money.

Part 1 of the Antiques Roadhshow Hartford series is on PBS tonight. If you are looking for me in the background, I am the one in my 30's. I was also behind the woman in the full-length fur coat with Mickey Mouse heads all over it. (Where does one buy a coat like that?)

Spoiler Alert! I personally heard a person freak out over a table that was valued in the $300,ooo range. If that was me, I would be blogging remotely from a hut in Bali with my personal cabana boy. Ah to dream...

1 comment:

Akkire said...

I've always liked watching that show. Who knew seeing antiques appraised could be so tense and exciting!?! How cool you got to see it live.

My parents got rid of a boat load of antiques from when my grandparents died...oh how I wish we'd put them in storage...