Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm back!

It's been over a year since I've written anything longer than a permission slip to the bus driver. It's been over a year since I've given much of a thought to Gruppie Girl. Lately though, Gruppie Girl has been creeping into the forefront of my mind.

A few months ago my mother lost her battle with appendix cancer. A few weeks later, her mother passed away. Life as I've always known ended. I found myself in the unwanted role as a 30-something matriarch.

Life over the past year has been filled with many challenges and firsts. I would love to blame all of the horrible occurrences on the zodiac calendar, the phases of the moon or maybe global warming. Time to put my big-girl boots on and take charge of my life.

No more going days only eating donuts and diet soda. No more hiding from the world. No more ignoring myself. Life will never be the same, but I'm ready to create a new version of life for myself and my family.

I would like to start writing to make myself happy. No heavy expectations or goals. Just allowing the happy Gruppie Girl thoughts rolling about in my mind to get out onto paper.

Gruppie Girl is about my life as a granola yuppie living in the suburbs. I felt the need to explain my absence. Back to gruppie life.

1 comment:

Akkire said...

GRUPPIE! You're back! Seriously, I've missed you and I don't even know you. :-)

Your year sounds ... tough and sad, but also like there was some personal growth and time for revelations in there too.

I will say that yes, this was a blog for your yuppie granola self, but that doesn't mean all other parts of you should be excluded from these pages.

You are who you are and I am just happy to have you back.

Welcome!