Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wedded Bliss

My foray into the world blogging has introduced me to many new ideas and people. One of the people that I have met in "imaginary blogging world" is Dolphyn over at Verbose Means I Ramble.

It's funny, but after reading Dolphyn's blog, I really feel like I know her. The distance between Connecticut and California just isn't important in the Blogsphere.
My interest in Verbose Means I Ramble started out because of how similar Dolphyn and I are. We were born just days apart. (Aren't Pisces wonderful?) We both have a son and a daughter. We are both active members on our PTOs. We like being green. We are both devistatingly beautiful. And to top it all off, I really like Dolphyn's wickedly dry sense of humor.

There is one big difference between Dolphyn and myself. I have been married to my soul mate for the last ten years. Dolphhyn and her soulmate have not been allowed to be married... Until yesterday!

Maybe I'm just a sheltered New England girl, but I find it hard to believe that it is 2008 and all people in this country are not treated as equals. I can't stop thinking about how I would feel if I wasn't allowed to marry my Hubby ten years ago? I knew that he was the person that I wanted and need to be with. The person I wanted to share my life with. I wanted everyone to know! I can't begin to imagine how crushed I would have been if I wasn't allowed to marry him.


Congratulations to the Verbose family!

4 comments:

Marie Louise said...

A lovely post. I'm not sure why Verbose wasn't allowed to marry - I assume it had something to do with race or religion. I've just discovered your blog - I am here in Connecticut too, so I'll be back!

dolphyngyrl said...

Aw, thanks so much! What a lovely post!

marielouise, we hadn't been allowed to marry because we're the same gender.

Kerry Lynn said...

Hello,
I just re-read your email from a while ago and checked out your blog.
It's funny the blogs you end up being drawn to. It turns out the majority of blogs I read are lesbian couples with babies. Two couples I "know" got married this week too and I'm SO happy for them.

Funny all the things we have in common!

I had "met" another Kerry Lynn a while ago who was married to a Christopher like me.

Gruppie Girl said...

Kerry Lynn~
Don't think that I have never had a Christopher ask me to marry him...that would not have ended well. ;)