Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Heart Plastic

My family is basically falling apart physically. With problems coming in threes, I've had my fill for a while.

Last week I blogged about my Mummy and her cancer. Hubby had back surgery last week. Memere-in-law was hospitalized with blood and heart problems.

Now, Girlie is claiming to have growing pains. (are those real?)

With all of my family being poked and prodded by what seems like all doctors and nurses in a tow-state area I am actually feeling grateful for....wait for it....plastic.

My water will never ride in plastic bottles. My veggies will not travel in plastic. Few plastic toys will enter through my red door.

Still, I need plastic tubing for IVs. I like nurses to wear plastic gloves when they touch bo-bo's. I understand the need for plastic stitching to sew-up after surgeries. I love the plastic cameras that make diagnosing my family even more accurate.

I might not ever admit it in public again. But I HEART plastic.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I am so, so sorry for your family's troubles right now.

FWIW, we use the homeopathic remedy calcium phosphate around here for growing pains. Either it works really really well or it's a great placebo and all my kids are very suggestable.

Gruppie Girl said...

Annette~

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have girlie give it a try.

Placebo smaebo. Whatever works!

dolphyngyrl said...

Poor Girlie! Monkey See once asked to use the electric cart in a store because his legs ached from growing pains! I don't remember having them, but I'm sure they're a b****!